Household Waste and Recycling
Bluewater Recycling Association (BRA) provides curbside pick-up of household waste and recycling for residents of Lucan Biddulph.
Updated Notice (May 12/2022)
Message from Bluewater Recycling Association:
Some residents may experience a change in collection service sequence from now on. Where possible, we use one truck to collect both waste and recyclables, at the same time, albeit in separate compartments in the truck. Waste is delivered to the Twin Creeks Landfill in Watford while the recyclables are brought back to our processing facility in Huron Park.
As a result of some growth in the area, resulting in capacity issues and our requirements to deliver the waste by a certain time at the landfill, it is possible that your WASTE bin will be collected FIRST and your RECYCLING bin may be collected LATER in the day when our truck returns from the landfill with more capacity and time.
Report A Missed Collection | Bluewater Recycling Association (jotform.com) (use this link to report)
1. The routes change quite often and you must have your garbage out no later than 7am to guarantee pickup, as he mentioned times change weekly so just because they picked up at 8am last week does not mean that will continue.
2. If all the neighbours around you have garbage that has been picked up, the driver may have been full and will circle back or you have something in your bin that was refused.
3. Bluewater Recycling is a curbside pick up only, if the garbage is backed into your driveway they will not pick it up
Both waste and recycling are picked-up weekly, on the same day. Make sure that your containers are at the curb by 7:00 am on your collection day on your designated side of the street.
- Lucan Biddulph Residents Collection Schedule is every FRIDAY.
- If your collection falls on a holiday, collection will occur as scheduled, except for Christmas and New Year’s Day. On these days, co
- collection may be rescheduled on an alternate day such as the Saturday in between.
- If you have been missed, please report a missed collection to BRA.
COLLECTION CONTAINERS - WHEELIE BINS
Only waste and recycling in "Wheelie Bin" containers provided by BRA will be collected.
Lucan Biddulph has a user pay program for waste and recycling. Those who produce the least waste pay the least. This is an excellent opportunity for you to reduce, reuse and recycle as much as you can. Residents pay for size of waste bin their household requires. Please contact the Township Office if you have questions regarding the fees. If you would you like to order a new bin or exchange it, please contact Bluewater Recycling.
- A list of what can go in your recycling bin.
- Information on BRA's "Recycle Coach" collection reminder app.
- Contact BRA to order a replacement if your bin is broken or lost.
- To contact BRA: (519) 228-6678 or @email
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dispatch Hours: Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 2:30 pm
ENVIRO DEPOT LOCATION AND HOURS
In the Spring and Fall, Green/Yard Waste can be brought to the following locations:
Spring 2022 - Yard Waste Bins will be returning on April 8th. Locations: Public Works Yard Saintsbury/Fallon & Granton Park.
This includes clean yard waste including grass, leaves, small brush (less than 6” diameter) and garden trimmings.
**Place brush on pavement and NOT in containers**
Large Item Clean Up Days:
Large Item Cleanup Day - in an effort to continue offering a service which is both economically viable and environmentally responsible, the Township of Lucan Biddulph, in partnership with Try Recycling, will be offering our Large Item Cleanup Day at Try Recycling (North London Facility).
The annual large item clean-up will be held on May 6th and May 7th, 2022 for all Lucan Biddulph Residents
**Valid Photo Identification will be required**
Items will NOT be picked-up at curbside and will NOT be accepted at the Township Public Works Facility. Residents will need to bring their items to:
Try Recycling, London North Facility - 21463 Clarke Rd, Arva, ON N0M 1C0
The hours of operation:
Friday, May 6th from 8:00 a.m–5:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 7th from 8:00 a.m–12:00 p.m. (noon)
ITEMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BEFORE OR AFTER THESE SCHEDULED TIMES IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE SUBSIDY OF $50.26/mt
The following items will be accepted:
Mixed Solid Waste - rugs, plastic, styrofoam, vinyl, windows, furniture, pressure treated wood, railroad ties, household non-recyclables, glass, stoves, washers, dryers, patio stones.
Mixed Recyclables – demolition wood, plywood, cardboard.
Electronic Waste – stereo systems, cameras, dvd players, vcr’s, televisions, computers & accessories etc.
CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS will NOT be accepted under the program and is subject to Try Recycling’s full rates. Construction debris includes but is not limited to drywall, shingles and ceiling tiles Other items which will NOT be accepted include but are not limited to: Hazardous waste, liquid waste, food waste, propane tanks, fridges, freezers, microwaves, dehumidifiers, air conditioners and paint.
NOTE: Items that can be placed in a garbage bin will not be accepted and should be put out in your bin on regular garbage pick-up days.